IDiA is already a member of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition, that brings together countries, companies, social entities, ONGs and agents of the education system to deal with the lack of digital capabilities in Europe.
The coalition shares at european level numerous initiatives for promoting ICT Talent, driving development of capabilities and ICT talent in four large areas:
- Digital capabilities for everyone
- Digital capabilities for the work force
- Digital capabilities for IT professionals
- Digital capabilities in education
The coalition’s objectives for 2020 are:
- Train 1 million of unemployed young people for vacant digital jobs.
- Support training and recycling of the work force and take actions to support SMEs that are facing specific challenges, in order to attract and retain digital talent, as well as training their work force.
- Upgrade education and training to offer every student and teacher the opportunity to use digital tools and materials in their teaching and learning activities, developing and updating their digital skills.
- Redirect and use available funds to support digital skills and carry out an awareness about the importance of digital skills for employability, competitiveness and participation in society.